Thursday, August 30, 2007

Christian Tattoos

You know being a Christian, I can not help but notice the number of Christian Tattoos I am noticing on some of the folks at my church. I can not say that I dislike them, on the contrary I find them very striking. Different crosses, words in Latin, bibles, and many other images. I spoke to a young man about why he would want to place Christian Tattoos on his body, and he told me "He wanted to let everyone know that he has devoted his life to God"!

I made a big mistake and let my Mom know that I was considering getting a Christian Cross tattoo, and she was very quick to remind me that the book of Leviticus clearly states that "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord." Some say that the passage is referring to practices of pagans of the time, in which they would carve idols on their bodies at funerals. The new Testament does not mention these restrictions.

So a lot of young Christians have decided to celebrate their union with God, and let everyone know that they have given there life to him and they want to display it through Christian Tattoos such as Praying Hands, Chalices, The Sacred Heart, Angels, Mary, The Apostles and even Jesus himself! These symbols could include doves, angels fighting demons in battle scenes, Biblical references, crucifixion scenes, and many more.

In a day where you look around and Religion is being taken away at alarming rates, I think it very noble that an individual would take a stance and tell the world, Look at me! I have given myself to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! There are way to many things that are worst then getting Christian Tattoos!


No comments:

Post a Comment