Thursday, October 4, 2007

Tattoo versus Piercing

I think I agree with many women about the piercing: it is a temporary situation. If I decide that I'm tired of having the ear pierced, then it's a relatively easy thing to let the hole close (which it will do in a couple of days, he says, having learned this the hard way).

As for tattoos, I too have flirted with the idea. I think that everyone does at some point in their life. I haven't decided to get one, but by the same token I haven't decided not to get one either. If you want to know my opinion about, I think that a small, personalized tattoo, something like an owl or possibly a maple leaf could mean something to the tattooed. If this tattoo is placed in a relatively private location, then the things are perfect.

It may sound old-fogeyish, but if my hypothetical child were contemplating some sort of bodyart, I'd hope he/she would choose something less permanent than a tattoo. I have a niece with multiple ear piercings plus one in her navel and a great-nephew with pierced tongue and lower lip; if they decide later that they're bored with them, all they have to do is let the holes grow back together. A tattoo is a permanent thing, short of laser removal.


http://www.content.onlypunjab.com/Article/Tattoo-versus-Piercing/4200320092003249485

No comments:

Post a Comment