Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tattoos - Trashy or Cool?

One of my daycare dad's has lots of tattoo's. He has them all on his legs and arms. I don't know about the rest of him but I would assume he has tattoos everywhere. He was getting another tattoo today. Something like a fish turning into a bird and then a bird eating a fish. He said it would be easier to show me when it was finished than to describe it to me. So when I see it tommorow I'll report on the results. Anyway I got to thinking about tattoos. When I first met him, I thought he was going to be unreliable etc. and I think I made this opinion based on the tattoos. But I was so wrong. He is a great dad. He is responsible, always pays on time, always picks up on time, goes to work everyday. Just an all around good guy.

So what is everyone's opinion on tattoos. Do you like them? Hate them? Like certain ones but not others. Should they be meaningful? hideable?

I have a small tattoo of a lizard on top of my foot. He's cute. Only about an inch big. He is magenta and turquoise and has yellow eyes and little yellow diamonds on his back. Way cuter than it sounds. He's kind of curled up with his tail wrapped around. If I were more technically savvy I would show you a picture but I don't have a digital camera anyway so it will have to wait. It hurt so bad. I really almost wimped out but I kept thinking of a girl who lived by me who had one and I just thought, if April can do it I can do it. I really didn't even want them to color it in after the outline was done but they convinced me that coloring in didn't hurt as bad as the outline. I went with two friends, one of which was moving and we wanted to do something fun and memorable on our last night together and getting tattoos was it. Holly got a crescent moon with a little heart hanging off of it and three starts around it to represent her kids on her ankle. Katie got a crab (Cancer sign) on her hip that was colored a yellow fading to green. My tattoo doesn't have a lot of meaning to me except that I liked it. I would never get something generic like a rose or a dragon or a butterfly. That to me is cheesy.

I think a lot depends on where you get them and what the design is. I think some tattoos are totally cheesy and stupid looking and there are certain spots that I think are just yucky. Such as the back of the neck. My friend, Holly, wants to get a dragonfly on the back of her neck and I am like "NOOOOOO!!!! not on the back of your neck!! Anywhere else. A relative has two eyes on the back of her neck - yuck. Another friend got the paws on her boobies like Eve. She thinks its sexy but I don't know about that.

My parents never had tattoos and never would have gotten them. My brother has two that I know of, a skeleton chef on his arm - he was supposed to have been a MS in the Army but then they figured out he was color blind and wouldn't let him - but he says its still cool. The other one is of a scorpion (his sign) on his back. My husband wasn't big on me getting a tattoo. He said the bottom of my foot but I fooled him and got the top done - lol! He just hates girls who have them on their ankles. I don't know why but he thinks that's trashy. I always kid him that if he doesn't wear his wedding ring I am going to make him get a tattoo on his forehead that says - I am married. He tells me that the wedding ring is a turn on to other women anyway. - whatever - that is another blog. He cannot wear his wedding ring to work though.

I have always liked tattoos and thought they were cool. So what is the coolest tattoo you have ever seen? what is the cheesiest tattoo you have ever seen? Do you have a tattoo? where and of what? Did anyone ever make you feel like a dirtbag because of your tattoos? "



http://locamama.joeuser.com/index.asp?c=1&AID=25159

No comments:

Post a Comment