Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Heart Tattoo Design

You have my heart – please be gentle with it. You’ve broken my heart for the last time. He / She is my heart. My heart can’t take this kind of rejection. I thought my heart would explode with joy. He / She just ripped my heart out, and stomped all over it! I gave him / her my heart, and this is the thanks I get. I swear my heart skipped a beat when I caught sight of him / her. He / She sets my heart on fire!

I am sure there are plenty of other statements that you can think of, but they all focus on that one symbol – the heart as an unwilling participant in love. Tattoos have played a significant role in cementing this symbol for good. The one tattoo that seems to remind everyone of the love aspect, is the heart with a banner wrapped in front – the most popular banner stating, “Mom.” There are also two hearts surrounded by a wall of fire, and the name of one lover on one, and another lover on the other.

I think one of my most favorite episodes of “The Simpsons” has to deal with this subject. Bart Simpson walks into a tattoo shop and inquires about getting a “present” for his mother. The tattooist looks him over and, in a gruff voice, asks the child, “Are you eighteen?” Bart replies to the affirmative, and hops into a chair. Just as the tattoo artist finished the “H” letter in “MOTHER”, Marge, his mom, pulls him out of the shop. Bart is left with a heart tattoo that reads, “MOTH” upon it. Marge spends the remaining Christmas money getting the tattoo removed. The culmination of the episode has Bart sitting on the couch with a bandage where the tattoo once was. Every time his sister, Lisa, pokes it, Bart looks over at her, stating, “Ow – quit it. Ow – quit it. Ow – quit it.”

Hey, you gotta laugh – life is funny like that! (On the other hand, should I say fickle?) We could also say that love is a witch, and change the “w” to a “b”, but I would guess one might venture a guess that only men would use that one! Either way, I presume one might also have to conclude that, even though some may believe “love is all you need”, there are plenty of tattoo artists that have done their fair share of cover-ups toward the contrary!

If you are interested in getting a heart tattoo, perhaps you may want to think about stopping at just the symbol. There are so many ways to prove your love, but pasting the name of your significant other may be another necessary removal if a divorce enters the picture. If you truly must love another by permanently marking yourself with their name, I truly hope that they are deserving of it! However, I am sure the tattoo artist would “love” to see you again!

Tattoos last forever, so you'll want to be sure you've chosen the perfect one before you get inked. Did you know there may be up to 500 different styles for the tattoo you are thinking of getting? Flipping through hundreds of tattoo parlor books can get a little tiring. Why not just browse through a web site instead? You can see 1000s of a tattoo styles, ideas and pictures by Clicking Here. You can even create your own custom tattoo!

http://ezinearticles.com/?Heart-Tattoo-Design&id=609539

No comments:

Post a Comment