Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Am I An Individual, And How Would I Know.

OK, here's the thing folks, at one time if you wanted to be the bad boy or bad girl you might go out and get a tattoo. It showed to all that you were a rebel. A permanent marker that you had applied to your body to (possibly) garner some respect. Now, a tattoo is a step up from a leather jacket or black biker boots which are easily removed when you feel like blending in again. But a tattoo, now that's a little different story. It always seems like a good idea at the time. I mean, why would you have yourself marked for life if you are thinking -- I don't really think this a good thing to do but what the heck.

So, I have to wonder why is it becoming so trendy for men, women, boys and girls to rush out and -- almost as a right of passage -- have that first tattoo. The barbwire around the upper arm, the nondescript sign just above the buttocks.

Is it so you might have something to talk while having a few beers?

Is it to make you look sexier?

All I know is that I have never seen so many tattoo parlours set up shop so fast and I live in a fairly conservative rural based area.

Now I know that everybody wants to have some semblance of individuality. But with the amount of ink being poked into virtually every part of the human body by someone or another isn't it getting to the point where you are now more of an individual if you DON'T have any type of writing or art on your body.

And another thought that I can't seem to shake from my head is all of these INDIVIDUALS later in life, possible in a retirement or nursing home still wearing that tattoo but now wrinkled and covered with age spots.

Well I guess it could still serve as a topic of conversation, provided your memory is intact.

Harvey Peever Age 50 Intrests -- almost anything except verbose articles that could be summed up without wasting my time. hdawgpeever@yahoo.ca


http://ezinearticles.com/?Am-I-An-Individual,-And-How-Would-I-Know.&id=631515


No comments:

Post a Comment